Cream cheese on whole wheat bread is a lunch fave with the kiddies but I am always looking for ways to squeeze more veggies into their diets. Mommas out there, I know you hear me. I sometimes add sliced cukes (tomatoes just make the sandwich too soggy for school) but now I like adding leftover grilled veg from last night’s supper. If you wrap it all up in a tortilla it makes it fun for the kids and feels slightly more gourmet than your standard sandwich cut on the diagonal (I do this when I’m feelin’ fancy). To save time, purchase your vegetables already grilled from your local supermarket.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound grilled vegetables
- 1 cup herbed cream cheese spread, at room temperature
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Regular or Lite Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup regular or low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1⁄4 cup cream cheese evenly over each tortilla, leaving about a 1- inch border. Distribute the vegetables evenly among the tortillas.
To roll up wraps: Fold in the right and left sides, enclosing the veggies. Starting from the bottom, gently roll up the tortilla, ending with the seam-side down. Cut each wrap in half.
Serve with creamy coleslaw.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Source: Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by JAMIE GELLER