- Prep Time
- 1 Pound TURKEY BREAST TENDERLOINS or CUTLETS, grilled
- 12 to 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 to 16 small mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into long thin strips
- 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Dijon mustard dressing, commercial or homemade*
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens, chilled and divided coarsely ground black pepper
- Homemade Dijon Dressing
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic juice or 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup salad oil
1 With a sharp knife, cut grilled turkey across the grain into 1-1/2 " x 1/4" strips.
2 In a large bowl, combine turkey, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, sweet red pepper strips and parsely.
3 Add Dijon dressing, tossing lightly to coat turkey and vegetables thoroughly.
4 Arrange about 1 cup crisp torn mixed salad greens on each of 4 small dinner plates.
5 Spoon turkey mixture onto lettuce-lined plates, dividing evenly.
6 Sprinkle each salad lightly with coarsely ground black pepper.
Homemade Dijon Dressing
- Whisk the first 5 indredients listed above in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk oil into mixture until thickened and thoroughly blended.
- Store covered in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 1 month.
Source: National Turkey Federation