- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- For salad:
- 1/2 can (151/2 oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
1 Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
2 2 Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5–10 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
4 Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
5 Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.