- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Salad:3/4 lb small red potatoes, diced 350 g
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed 250 g
- 4 tuna steaks ( 4 oz/125 g each, about 3/4-inch thick)
- canola oil cooking spray
- 4 cups (2 oz/57 g) baby spinach leaves 1 L
- 16 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped 16
- Vinaigrette:2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp water 15 mL, 1/8 tsp salt .5 mL
- 1/2 medium clove garlic, minced 1/2
- 1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes .5 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves 15 mL
1 Steam potatoes and green beans 6 minutes or just until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water, shaking off excess liquid.
2 While vegetables cook, combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar, secure with lid, and shake well to blend completely. Set aside 1/4 cup (60 ml) vinaigrette and brush remaining vinaigrette (1 Tbsp/15 mL) over fish.
3 Coat a grill pan with canola oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Grill tuna over high heat 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. (Do not overcook or fish will be tough.)
4 Divide greens equally on four serving plates. Arrange potatoes, green beans, and olives over greens. Drizzle 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vinaigrette evenly over each salad and top with tuna.