We love wild salmon season and there is nothing more delicious than grilled salmon with veggies. And there is nothing easier than salmon and veggies wrapped together in foil packets. All the yummy juices from the veggies season the salmon and a sprinkle of fresh herbs makes the dish even more special.
This dish can be made on the grill or in an oven. Let the kids make their own bundles and even the of pickiest eaters will enjoy making their own creation.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
RELATED: 45 WAYS TO COOK FISH
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- Several tablespoons fresh herbs (flat-leaf parsley, basil, dill, thyme, tarragon)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill to medium. Cut 4 (12- x 20-inch) sheets of foil and 4 (12- x 20-inch) sheets of parchment paper. Lay 1 sheet of parchment paper on top of each sheet of foil.
1. Place a salmon fillet in the center of each bundle of parchment-foil. Divide lemon slices and vegetables between each packet and arrange on top of salmon.
2. Sprinkle fresh herbs, salt, and pepper on top. Drizzle with evoo.
3. Fold and seal salmon bundles.
4. Grill for about 12 to 15 minutes.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.