This brightly-colored Provencal salad of Roasted Peppers calls for just five ingredients. Use best quality olive oil and feel free to dip your challah in the delicious juices left on the plate. Serve with flaked tuna dressed with more of that good olive oil and brightened with a healthy spritz of lemon juice and some cracked black pepper.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 sweet red peppers (or a of mix red, yellow, and orange peppers)
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced, optional
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- capers (optional)
Broil or grill peppers until charred on all sides. Place in food-safe plastic bag, twist to close. When cool enough to handle, peel peppers and remove seeds.
Cut into narrow strips, lengthwise and arrange on a serving dish. Sprinkle with the salt, followed by a few grinds of black pepper. Scatter the garlic atop the peppers, drizzle on the oil, and then the lemon juice. Check for seasoning. Serve at room temperature.