Cool off with this summer treat from Ingrid Hoffmann
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon dark rum
- 2 firm mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into strips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut sweetened, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 4 lime wedges
Heat the butter, pineapple juice, honey, chili powder and cayenne pepper in small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in the rum; remove the glaze from the heat. Set aside to cool completely.
Brush the slices with some of the glaze and let stand 10 minutes. Spray a nonstick ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the mango slices and grill, turning occasionally, over medium-low heat, until browned and nicely marked, 3 – 5 minutes.
Place two mango slices in each of 4 dessert bowls. Top each serving with 1 scoop ice cream, 2 tablespoons of the toasted coconut, and 1 tablespoon of the almonds; top with additional mango slices. Drizzle each with the remaining glaze. Serve with the lime wedges.