- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ServingsServings
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pita bread
- 1-1/2 to 2 ounces goat cheese (or any meltable cheese)
- 2 tablespoons charmoula
- 3 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter
To Prepare Chermoula Dressing:
Combine the garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne, parsley and cilantro in a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice. Add the olive oil gradually, beating it into the other ingredients. Set aside. (You may use a small food processor to combine the ingredients.)
To Prepare Panini:
1. Cut the pita in half crosswise into two half circles.
2. Spread the cheese on one side of each of the halves. Drizzle the chermoula over the cheese.
3. Place the tomatoes on one half. Top with the other half.
4. Place the butter in a sauté pan (preferably nonstick) over medium heat. When the butter has melted and looks foamy, place the sandwich in the pan. Place another pan on top and weight this pan down (with cans or a smaller pot). Cook for a minute or so, then remove the weight and pan, flip the sandwich and cook for another minute or until the outside is crispy and the cheese has melted.