Eggplant is one of the greatest vegetables. There's so much that can be done with it. This salad, using fried eggplant, green beans, bell peppers and balsamic vinegar is must for any salad bar worthy of the name.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 2 to 3 Japanese eggplants
- 1½ pounds fresh green beans, blanched
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 to 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Slice eggplants into rounds ¼" thick.
2. In a large bowl, toss green beans with the ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar.
3. Grill the eggplant slices (on a grill or grill pan) 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently.
4. In a large salad bowl, toss together bell peppers, greens, onions, olive oil, lemon juice 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain the green beans and then arrange grilled eggplant and green beans on top of the salad. Serve immediately.