Grilled chicken skewers easy and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-5 ServingsServings
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano 7 mL
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces 4
- 1 lb crimi mushrooms
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) spears 8
- 12 cherry tomatoes 12
- 8 (12 inch/30cm) grilling skewers 8
1 In a medium sized bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
2 Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
3 Add chicken, mushrooms, asparagus and tomatoes. Toss until well coated.
4 Marinate for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5 Thread chicken pieces and vegetables alternately on skewers. Discard marinade.
6 Meanwhile, heat barbecue to medium heat. Grill skewers on lightly oiled grill, turning once with tongs.
7 Grill until chicken cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
Source: CanolaInfo Virtual Test Kitchen