Chimichurri is equally delicious as both a marinade and sauce for skirt steak, strip steak, chicken - even tuna! Marinate beef, and chicken at least 4 hours or overnight and fish up to 1 hour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cilantro, packed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb beef steak
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. Combine lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, pepper flakes, oregano, salt and canola oil in a blender. Process to form a thick puree. Taste and season with pepper flakes and salt as desired. Place 2/3 cup (150 mL) puree in an airtight container and refrigerate; reserve for sauce.
2. Cut beef into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes. Place cubes in resealable plastic bag with remaining puree; squeeze out excess air. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight; turn as needed to evenly coat.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean it with a stiff brush, then rub with canola oil. Remove beef cubes from marinade, and thread onto skewers; leave a bit of space between cubes. Discard marinade. Sprinkle beef kebabs with salt to taste.
4. Grill until nicely charred on outside with defined grilling marks, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, 3 minutes per side for medium, and 4 minutes per side for medium-well. Drizzle some reserved chimichurri sauce over kebabs, and serve hot or at room temperature. Serve remaining sauce on side.
Source: Canola Info