This is summer eating at its finest. Cool seasonal produce, combined with tangy fresh flavors and vibrant colors delivers the message that fresh is best and healthy is delicious.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 10 cm piece of cucumber, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 large green chili, desseded and chopped finely
- 1/2 spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
Chicken and vegetables
- 4 chicken fillet breasts, approximately 180g each
- 3 cup mixed green leaves
- 2 generous handfuls of green beans - cooked to preference
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl and allow the flavours to combine by allowing it to sit for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and seasoning of choice. Heat a grill pan or barbeque to hot then add the chicken to sear on one side for a two minutes. Turn the chicken and sear it on the other side for another two minutes. Place the chicken on a baking tray and place it in the oven to cook through for between 8 – 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the salsa on the top with an accompanying green salad.