- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/3 pounds skinless Pacific albacore, cut into 3/4 inch thick loin cuts
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- dash of cayenne
- Sautéed Red Peppers (see below)
- 2 French rolls, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Sautéed Red Peppers
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half-rings
1 Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
2 Set aside. Make vinaigrette by combining oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, oregano and cayenne; mix well.
3 Divide in half. Marinate albacore in one-half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes, turning once.
4 While fish is marinating make Sautéed Red Peppers (see recipe below). Drain albacore reserving marinade.
5 Place on greased grate, 4-5 inches from hot coals. Cook 5-6 minutes, turning once and basting frequently.
6 Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from the heat.
7 Toast rolls lightly on grill. Brush toasted sides with remaining vinaigrette. Make four open-faced sandwiches by topping with albacore, Sautéed Red Peppers and fresh basil.
8 Serve immediately. Sautéed Red Peppers In non-stick pan, sauté garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent.
9 Stir in red peppers and remove from heat. Set aside.
Source: Oregon Albacore Commission