How can I put into words the affection I have for this Green Tea Oatmeal?!? Cooking the quick cooking oats in green tea and unsweetened almond milk, along with honey and almond extract, adds more flavor than you can even imagine. The best part about this oatmeal? Adding all of the toppings! Shredded coconut, raw almonds, crystallized ginger and fresh mint. This is definitely the healthiest oatmeal I have ever made. Going green has never tasted so good!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup water
- 1tablespoon green tea leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot then add the green tea leaves, take the pot off the stove and steep the green tea for 5 minutes. Pour the brewed green tea through a cheesecloth or mesh sieve to remove the leaves then pour the tea back in the pot.
2. Add the almond milk and oats to the green tea and warm the mixture over medium heat until it begins to bubble then lower the heat to medium-low and stir the oatmeal as it boils and thickens, for around 5 minutes. Don’t walk away from the stove or the oatmeal in the bottom of the pot will burn.
3. Remove the pot from the stove and stir in the honey, almond extract and salt.
4. Spoon the oatmeal into bowls, top with unsweetened coconut, almonds, ginger and/or dried fruit, drizzle with honey and top with fresh mint. Enjoy!