Some like it hot, and I do too. But not everyone does and I aim to please, so I use less spicy jalapenos and add a softer poblano pepper to my schug. If your family likes the burn, feel free to use all jalapenos.
Schug can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 1 month.
If you prefer to make your schug red, try our recipe for Red Schug.
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- ¼ pound jalapenos, stemmed and seeded
- ¼ pound poblano peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 6 large, juicy cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ or more extra virgin olive oil
- Water as needed
- Kosher salt
- Pulse jalapenos, poblanos, cilantro, mint, parsley, caraway, garlic, evoo and water to create a thick paste.
- Adjust seasoning with salt.