This is adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe for Green Onion Slaw so if you can't get green garlic you can easily substitute with green onion, but it is a great way to use the green garlic in the summer.
- 1 cup green garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 serrano chiles
- 2 tablespoon light mayonaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Blend green garlic, vinegar, chiles, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and oil in a blender until emulsified. Place cabbage and red onions in a bowl, add the dressing and stir until combined. Fold in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit for at least an hour before serving.
If it is too spicy (some peppers are hotter than others) add a little honey.