You can use store-bought tapenade to make this dish in even less time. After steaming the green beans, just toss them with the store-bought tapenade and serve.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed, dried, and trimmed
- 1 cup halved walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 In a 3-quart pot fitted with a steamer basket, steam the green beans for 7 minutes until they are bright green and crisp-tender (should have a little bit of a crunch). Using tongs, transfer green beans to a serving bowl.
2 In a food processor, pulse walnuts, olives, onions, and parsley on and off for about 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached (should form a paste). Transfer to a small bowl and mix well with olive oil and vinegar. Toss tapenade with green beans and serve.