Green beans are a pretty basic vegetable side dish. Stir frying in a wok with peanuts and soy sauce upgrades the usual. Great for special occasions.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Cut beans into one-inch slices.
2. Heat peanut oil in wok until it just begins to smoke. Toss in garlic and ginger root.
3. Add beans and onions and stir-fry for two minutes.
4. Add wine, peanuts and sugar, and continue to stir-fry until the wine has evaporated.
5. Add the soy sauce just before serving.