Found this recipe in Jamie's Quick and Kosher but wanted to make it in the crock pot so that I didn't have to stand over the hot stove cooking for 10 people.
Also, changed up some ingredients. My family raved about this dish. The sauce was silky and was wonderful on the chicken and poured over rice.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pound skinless chicken thighs I skin them myself because they are cheaper with the skin on
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash no salt
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 2 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 juice zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Osem chicken soup mix mix with hot water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1/4 c. water
1. Put onions and celery in the bottom of the crock pot. Season chicken with Mrs. Dash.
2. Put breasts in and then thighs. Add lemon juice, soup mix and dill. Put in enough water to just come to the top of the chicken.
3. Cook on low 4-6 hours. When chicken is done, remove to a platter and put liquid in a small sauce pan. Add cornstarch and 1/4 cup water mixture. Cook over low heat until it thickens, about 2 minutes.