These Greek-Style Bourekas are a Mediterranean pastry that can be served as an appetizer for a holiday meal, or a snack that the whole family will love anytime.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ¼ cup Tnuva Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Tnuva Feta Cow’s Milk Cheese
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup Tnuva Butter, melted
- Puff pastry dough, such as Ma’adanot Puff Pastry
- Optional: ½ cup frozen spinach, prepared according to the package and seasoned with salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Mix the cheeses and yogurt together in a large bowl. Add the eggs and baking soda. The baking soda should begin bubbling immediately. Mix well.
3. Cut the phyllo dough into 6-inch strips. Spread a little melted butter onto one side of each strip. Place a small amount of cheese filling onto each dough strip. Add spinach if desired. Gently roll the strips closed and place onto baking paper.
4. Coat the bourekas with melted butter and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until they are golden and crispy