Greek Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic aren't just for wintertime, but can make a gorgeous sunshiny side-dish in the summer too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) potatoes
- Juice of 2 lemons (100 ml)
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (250ml) hot vegetable stock
1. Peel the potatoes, rinse, and cut into 1-1 ½ inch (3-4 cm) chunks. Place the potato pieces in a single layer in an ovenproof dish.
2. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic, dried oregano and stock. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, then cover the dish and leave to marinate for around 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
4. Cover the potatoes with a lid or a piece of foil, and bake for around an hour. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the potato pieces are just beginning to brown.
5. Serve at once with some of the lemony sauce spooned over.