- 1 Tablespoon dried apricots, minced
- 1 large zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 small Idaho baking potato
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thyme, pinch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 T margarine
- 1/2 lb. prepared smoked salmon
- Prepared apricot horseradish (see recipe below)
Apricot Horseradish Sauce
- 2/3 cup prepared horseradish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apricot preserves
1 In a medium size bowl, combine the zucchini, potato, green onions, flour, egg, egg white, salt, pepper and thyme.
2 Coat a medium size skillet with cooking spray. Melt the margarine in the skillet over moderate heat
3 Add the zucchini mixture, shaping it into a cake with a ladle, and cook for about 1 minute. Coat uncooked side with spray.
4 Turn the cake over and cook for 1 minute. To serve, cut the cake into quarters. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the horseradish sauce on each quarter, then top with a generous amount of the smoked salmon.
5 For the apricot horseradish sauce: mix all ingredients well and refrigerate.
Idaho Potato Commission