This is a great accompaniment for matzah, grilled meats, and fish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 large Florida pink grapefruit, peeled, with the membrane removed, and chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Florida grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
1. In a medium sauté pan, sauté onion in evoo 5 to 7 minutes, until light golden.
2. Stir in sugar. Sauté until glistening.
3. Place in bowl and lightly mix in remaining ingredients.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus