- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Florida Grapefruit, peeled, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup cubed canned papaya, drained
- 2 oz. reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup 100% Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 Line 4 salad plates with lettuce. Arrange grapefruit slices on plates.
2 Arrange beans, cucumber, and papaya in mounds on lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese.
3 For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine grapefruit juice, cilantro, honey and cumin.
4 Cover and shake well. Drizzle some of the dressing over the salads.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus