- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups seedless California grapes
- 3 cups cored, pared and sliced fresh pears (about 3 medium pears)
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 package ready-to-use refrigerated pastry for 2-crust, 9-inch pie (see note)
- 1 tablespoon butter
1 Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, orange peel and cloves; mix well. Toss grapes and pears with sugar mixture and orange juice.
2 Line 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate with pastry. Add fruit mixture and dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 3/4 inch strips.
3 Arrange strips in lattice pattern over fruit filling. Fold ends of lattice strips under edge of bottom crust; seal and flute edges.
4 Preheat over to 425 F.To bake in microwave (recipe developed for 700 to 800 watt microwave ovens): Set oven at HIGH (100 percent power), bake 10 to 12 minutes or until filling begins to bubble.
5 Transfer pie to conventional oven and bake at 425 F 10 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
6 To bake by conventional method: Bake pie in 425 F oven 10 minutes. Lower heat to 375 F and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling begins to bubble.
7 NOTE: Tester used refrigerated, rolled-out dough.