Relax with a cup of tea and a slice - or two - of grape and cranberry tea bread.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-4 loavesServings
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cupsugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup lowfat dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups halved California seedless grapes
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Combine all ingredients except grapes; mix well.
2. Gently mix in grapes.
3. Oil and flour the bottoms of four 5 X 2-1/2 X 2-1/4-inch loaf pans.
4. Pour one-fourth of batter into each pan. Bake at 350° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
5. Turn out onto wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Make ahead, wrap in aluminum foil, freeze and give as gifts during the holidays.
Batter may be baked in two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350° F for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely per directions above. Each loaf will yield about 16 (1/2 inch) slices.
Bread may be tightly wrapped and refrigerated up to one week. For longer storage, wrap in aluminum foil or in freezer-safe plastic bags and freeze.