These Granola Bars are packed with lots of yummy healthy ingredients, but are not too hard to make. They are the perfect on-the-go, after-school, or lunch-box treat! You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz. EDEN Oat Flakes
- 4 oz. EDEN Tamari Roasted Almonds
- 2 oz. EDEN Roasted & Salted Pistachios
- 2 oz. EDEN Dry Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 oz. EDEN Dried Cranberries
- 2 oz. EDEN Dried Wild Blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 oz. pure maple syrup
- 4 oz. raw organic honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon EDEN Sea Salt
1. Heat a large, heavy skillet and dry roast the oats several minutes until they release a nutty fragrance and begin to brown slightly. Remove and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse several seconds until coarsely ground. Pour into the bowl of oats. Pulse the pistachios in the processor for several seconds and pour into the bowl. Pulse the pumpkin seeds for 2 or 3 seconds and place in the bowl. Place all dried fruit in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Place the syrup, honey and oil in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring constantly for 7 minutes. As the syrup cooks, it will begin to thicken. To test for doneness, fill a measuring cup with cold water. After 5 minutes of simmering, periodically drop a small drop of syrup into the water. When done, it will form a small soft ball in the bottom of the measuring cup. When this happens, remove and add the salt and vanilla to the syrup. Stir and pour over the oat mixture. Mix to thoroughly coat.
4. Preheat to oven to 300°F. Lightly oil an 11 x 7" baking sheet and spread the oat mixture evenly over. Moisten hands very lightly and press the oat mixture down firmly. Bake for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 2 hours to harden. Slice into bars approximately 2 1/2" long by 1 1/2" wide.
Find this recipe and more at Eden Foods.