This is an extremely versatile recipe. You can add whatever nuts, dried fruits, and cereal you prefer. Making your own granola makes for a crunchier, healthier and fresher version than most store-bought varieties.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup craisins, raisins, or chopped dates (optional)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, melted butter, or coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar, maple syrup, or honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, Rice Krispies cereal, ground flax meal, chopped almonds and pecans, and dried fruit.
3. Combine the oil, sugar or maple syrup or honey, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Pour over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Line a large oven tray with parchment paper. Spread granola on it. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Let cool. Store in covered container.