Exotic yet easy dishes seem to be my Aunt Tamara's specialty. I'm grateful to her for introducing me to this marvelous salad. Goat cheese is so soft and creamy and has a distinctive flavor that is special in salads, sandwiches and even pizza.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 Servings ServingsServings
- 2 (5- ounce) packages mixed field greens
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries or Craisins
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (5.5-ounce) log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts
- For dressing:
- 2-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh tyhme, finely chopped
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix greens, cranberries and onion in large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle cheese and walnuts over salad mixture.
- For dressing, mix vinegar, mustard and thyme in small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with salad immediately before serving.
To bring out a nice roasted nutty flavor, place the walnuts in a shallow baking dish and roast them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER