- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 small carrot
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 20 ounces fresh or frozen Wild Blueberries
- 4 zucchini (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 1/4 pounds ready-made potato gnocchi
- 1/4 teaspoon mild paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- materials: wooden skewers
1 Peel carrot and cut into small cubes. Heat oil and fry carrot pieces for 5 minutes, then add sugar and oats. Stir constantly until oats are lightly browned.
2 Stir in Wild Blueberries (if frozen, include liquid); cook about 3 minutes, until mixture is reduced and creamy. Season with salt.
3 Wash and trim ends off zucchini. Slice lengthwise into thin slices, then into narrow matchsticks. Steam zucchini over boiling, salted water for 3 to 5 minutes.
4 Prepare gnocchi in salt water according to package instructions. Drain and thread them on wooden skewers. Sprinkle gnocchi with paprika.
5 Drain zucchini, divide it between plates and sprinkle with parsley. Serve gnocchi skewers alongside, topped with a small amount of Wild Blueberry sauce. Pass remaining sauce separately.
Source: Wild Blueberry Association of North America