If you eat a gluten-free diet, this stuffing will make your day and is perfect for Passover. Mushrooms give this stuffing a substantial and bread-like feeling, without the gluten.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- ½ cup walnuts, ground
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add extra virgin olive oil and onion; sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned.
2. Add garlic and mushrooms; sauté another 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned.
3. Add wine and cook until it burns off.
4. Add walnuts, pine nuts, spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir in spinach and cook until just wilted.