136 calories per low carb cookie. In advance, prepare chocolate chips by freezing two bars (200 grams, 7 ounces) of 72 % chocolate. Make
sure that the food processor bowl and blade are completely dry and chilled. Break up the bars into small pieces and place in the bowl. Process
on pulse till you achieve the desired size of chips; do not process too long because chocolate will quickly turn into a paste. These can be refrigerated and used as needed in any recipe that calls for chocolate and/or chocolate chips.
- 24 ServingsServings
- 1 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy
- 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (made from 72% chocolate bars—see above)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, Splenda, egg, baking soda, and vanilla; then add chocolate chips.
3. With moistened hands, form a generous 1 tablespoons dough into balls and place on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
4. Bake until puffed, golden on bottom, and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets
5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely. Enjoy delicious Low Carb, Gluten Free, Flourless Cookies.
Note:The dough will be greasy, but the cookies will be similar to regular chocolate chip cookies, lightly browned on the bottoms. Watch them while baking; they can burn easily. If you like a nutty crunch, add ½ cup chopped nuts when you add the chocolate chips.