This Mini Gluten Free Quiche recipe is a perfect appetizer for your Purim Seudah! Make ahead for easy entertaining or enjoy them for brunch. You can use an assortment of veggies and other ingredients to fill each mini crust. If you have leftovers, you can pop them in the freezer. They are great re-heated.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Spinach, Chopped
- Broccoli, Chopped
- Mushrooms, Diced
- Onion, Diced
- Garlic, Minced
Gluten Free Crust
- 1 1/4 cups Sydney Blend (gluten free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons cold shortening, diced
- 2-4 tablespoons ice cold water
- Extra Sydney Blend for rolling
Prepare Gluten Free Quiche Crust:
1. Preheat: the oven to 450° F. Heavily grease a tart or pie tin with butter or oil.
2. In a food processor, place the Sydney Blend, salt, and sugar and process until combined. Add the cold butter and shortening and process until the mixture is crumbly. Pour the ice water, gradually, through the feed tube, and process (pulse) just until the dough is moistened and starts to clump together. Turn the dough out onto your counter and gather into a ball. Flatten into a 5 inch (12 cm) disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll out.
3. On a surface lightly floured with Sydney Blend, roll out the pastry to fit a 8 or 9 inch (20 to 23 cm) pie pan. To prevent the pastry from sticking to the counter and to ensure uniform thickness, keep lifting up and turning the pastry as you roll from the center outwards. When the pastry is rolled to the desired size, lightly roll pastry around your rolling pin, and unroll onto the top of your pie pan. Lightly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Trim and flute the edges of the pastry.
4. Line the pastry shell with a heavy-duty foil. The foil weighs down the crust, which prevents it from bubbling up. Bake for 8 minutes. This will help keep the crust crispier when you add the filling. Remove the foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry is set and lightly browned. Remove from the oven.
Prepare the Gluten Free Mini Vegetarian Quiche:
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, set aside
2. Using a small round cutter, cut pie crust or puff pastry and place into indentations of muffin tin and place in the oven to pre-bake for about 15 minutes.
3. Whisk together eggs and heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until well-combined. Stir in cheese. Pour into pie shells and top with add-in options as desired. Bake for for 15-25 minutes until the egg filling is set.
Recipe posted with permission from Blends by Orly.