Leftover charoset can be made into a little Passover snack with these gluten-free pie crusts. You can use your family's favorite charoset recipe, or try the one here.
- 12 Gefen Mini Gluten-Free Pie Crusts
- ½ cup of crushed walnuts
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 2 Honeycrisp apples or other firm apple, cored and grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup grape juice or wine
1. Prick the bottom of the pie shells with a fork. Pre-bake according to package directions.
2. Stir walnuts, apples, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, raisins, and juice or wine together. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Place mixture (not the liquid) in pre-baked shells and serve.