- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10 servings ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 cups:matzo meal
- 3 tablespoons:finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons:ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons:salt
- 1/2 teaspoon:ground black pepper
- 2 :eggs
- 3 to 4 pounds:boned and skinned chicken breast halves or thighs
- 1-12 ounce:jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup:white wine
- 3 tablespoons:oil
- Line a very large roasting pan with foil, then grease the foil. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine the matzo meal, parsley, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Put the eggs into another bowl, and lightly beat them until they are frothy.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, and then coat with the matzo meal mixture.
- Arrange the coated chicken so that they are close but don't touch each other.
- Put the apricot preserves, wine, and oil into a small saucepan and mix them well.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a brief boil. Spoon the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serves 8 to 10.