Gingered beets are a welomed departure from the usual beet salads and are sure to become a frequent side dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 small beets (or one bunch full sized, beets quartered)
- 4 tablespoons butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Boil or steam beets until almost tender (10-15 minutes).
2. Rinse in cold water and cut in half.
3. Combine the butter or oil, honey, ginger and soy sauce in small pan. Heat gently, stirring, until sauce is smooth.
4. Brush sauce on beets and heat under broiler 5-10 minutes, basting frequently.