- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Cup bulgur (cracked wheat) or substitute cooked rice (omitting step 1)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 Cups carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced
- 2 Cups broccoli flowerettes
- 2 Cups mushroom, sliced
- 1 Can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 Pound TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS or SLICES, cut into strips
- Pour boiling water over bulgur and let stand one hour; drain and set aside.
- Combine 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Dissolve cornstarch in mixture; set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in wok or large skillet. Add carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry about two minutes more. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry turkey until lightly browned. Add sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through.
- Serve over bulgur.
Source: National Turkey Federation