This is a fat-free, gluten-free simple winter dessert featuring in-season local produce.
- Cook Time
- 2 D'Anjou pears, halved and with cores removed
- 2 inches fresh ginger piece, grated
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add ginger and maple syrup.
2. Cook about two minutes, until ginger is fragrant.
3. Add pear halves, face down, and cook about five minutes until caramelized in ginger-maple syrup.
4. Turn over and cook 2-3 minutes more until softened through. Pears should be just cooked through but still fairly firm.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW