Leftover chicken becomes tomorrow's light and healthy lunch. Asian ginger dressing adds a zip to this low-carb chicken salad.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Asian ginger dressing, usually found in the produce section
- 1½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup rainbow coleslaw mix
- 1 Granny Smith apple or other tart apple, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 12 large leaves soft lettuce, such as Bibb or Boston
1. In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper, ginger dressing, and curry powder.
2. Add all remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves, to bowl and toss gently to combine.
3. Place two lettuce leaves on each plate, fill each leaf with a small amount of the chicken mixture, and serve.
Source: National Chicken Council