Intensify your regular creme brulee with lots of ginger flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ginger puree
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur
- 1 ounce vanilla extract
1. Warm the heavy cream on low.
2. Separate egg whites. Add yolks to mixing bowl. Whisk the rest of ingredients thoroughly.
3. Slowly add warm heavy cream to mixture & whisk.
4. Pour into 6 ramekins.
5. Place ramekins in a baking dish and pour water in the dish to go up about half way forming a water bath. Bake for 35 minutes at 325°.
6. Cool, then refrigerate for three hours.
7. Caramelize with torch and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef George Benik, The Stage Restaurant
Photo courtesy of Bill Brady Photography
Joshua Morton created Barrow's Intense Ginger Liqueur. With his childhood friend from Hebrew school, Eve Alintuck, they are committed to doing things better. Barrow's Intense is hand made in Brooklyn using more than 200lbs. of fresh ginger per match. No chemicals and no preservatives. Ever. It is the only Kosher ginger liqueur on the market. Enjoy!