Quick beef and noodle dinner for the whole family. The flavors of sesame oil and soy sauce make an ordinary meal into an Asian experience.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound beef shoulder top blade (flat iron or skirt) steaks or 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced Salt and pepper
- 2 cans (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 6 cups cooked fresh Oriental-style thin cut noodles or unseasoned instant ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup Shredded carrots
1 Cut steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; cut strips in half. Heat 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
2 Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink.
3 Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
4 Add broth, green onions and mirin to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
5 Meanwhile divide noodles and beef evenly among 4 large soup bowls.
6 Bring broth mixture to a boil over high heat; ladle boiling mixture evenly over beef and noodles. Garnish with carrots.