Good stuff for the Shabbat table
- Prep Time
- 12 servings ServingsServings
- 1 KG:mixed fish fillets
- 3 :large brown skinned onions
- 2 :slices ginger
- 6 :eggs - 3 raw and 3 hard boiled
- 1 :small spoon sugar
- to taste:salt - white peepper
- 60 g:ground almonds
- 1 :carrot sliced in rounds
- Prepare Stock ; Fish skins and bones 1 carrot 1 onion, sliced 1 leek Slice of ginger 4-5 cups of water In a large pot, place fish skins and bones, carrot, onion, leek, ginger and 4-5 cups of water. Allow to come to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes. Then strain the liquid and toss the solids away.
- Boil 2 of the peeled and quartered onions with three eggs for about 15 mins. Allow to cool. Make sure there are no bones or skin in the fish fillets. Mince, or pulse through the food processor with the onions and hard boiled eggs. In a large bowl, beat the raw eggs with the ground almonds, one by one. Season with sugar, salt and pepper. If you need to soften the mixture slightly, add a little chilled water. Allow 10 minutes mixing time
Saw this online once, can't remember where but it was fantastic once i made it for the family.