This refreshing soup originated in Spain and Portugal during the summer months—to enjoy produce at its sweetest. It became an all-year round dish when it traveled the Atlantic ocean to Latin America, where it is always warm.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 orange bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a blender or food processor, combine peppers, cucumbers, onions, and parsley. Pulse to finely chop. Add tomato juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pulse a few times to combine well, leaving some chunks for texture. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours before serving chilled.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.