I love fries covered in garlic and parsley, like they serve in Argentina. These latkes pay homage to those fries.
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 large onion
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped fine
- Oil for frying
1. Grate potatoes and onion in a food processor. Add 4 cloves garlic and 1/4 cup parsley and process.
2. Strain grated potatoes through a colander, pressing out excess water. Add eggs, flour and seasoning. Mix well.
3. Heat 1/2 cup oil in skillet. Lower flame and place 1 large tablespoonful of batter at a time into hot sizzling oil and fry on one side until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn over and fry on other side 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain excess oil. Continue until all of the potatoes are used up.
4. Once all pancakes are cooked, bring flame down to low, chop 8 cloves of garlic and add to pan. Cook until fragrant. Add in parsley and dash of salt. Remove from heat and serve on top of pancakes.