Garlic smashed potatoes will be your new favorite poato side dish. Can be made pareve or fleishig, depending on the broth you add. Leave out the fake bacon bits and it's kosher for Passover as well.
- Prep Time
- 2 - 4Servings
- 2 pounds unpeeled baby red potatoes, cut in half if large
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk substitute
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅛ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fake bacon bits (optional)
1. Gently boil red potatoes and garlic in salted water until tender. Drain.
2. Using the back of a large spoon, smash each potato once so the pieces are very large and chunky.
3. Add margarine, non-dairy milk substitute, stock, salt, and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
4. Fold in chives and fake bacon bits. Gently reheat if necessary. Serve hot.