- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1 to 2 tablespoons:olive oil
- Freshly:ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground:black pepper
- 1 tablespoon:minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon:minced garlic
- Fresh thyme:leaves for garnish
- Pat potatoes dry if very starchy or moist.
- In a sauté pan large enough to fit potato slices in just two layers, spread 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with nutmeg and pepper to taste.
- Starting in center, arrange potato slices in a closely overlapping, attractive spiral.
- When pan is filled, repeat to make a second layer.
- Place pan over medium heat and cover.
- Slowly cook potatoes until well browned on underside, about 15 minutes, occasionally shaking pan gently to avoid sticking.
- Wipe inside of lid as needed to keep it dry.
- Press potatoes down with a flat spatula and remove from heat.
- Place a larger platter over pan and flip it upside down, transferring potatoes to the platter.
- Check pan to make sure it is clean and has enough oil to keep potatoes from sticking.
- Slide galette, raw side down, back into pan, and return to medium heat.
- Cover and cook until well browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley and garlic in a small bowl.
- About 2 minutes before ready to serve spread the garlic and parsley mixture over the top. Leave the lid of the pan off.
- To serve, slide galette onto a serving platter, season to taste with salt, and garnish with thyme. Serves 4.