- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 large:russet potato, peeled, cubed
- 3-4 x3x1-inch:slices day-old French bread or challah, crusts trimmed, cubed
- 1/2 cup:water
- 3 tablespoons:fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon:red wine vinegar
- 2 cups (packed):fresh Italian parsley
- 1 small white:onion, quartered
- 1 large:garlic clove, halved
- 2 tablespoons:drained capers (optional)
- 1/3 cup:olive oil
- Baguette, bagle:or challah slices
- Cook potato in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain. Return to pan and mash until smooth.
- Transfer 3/4 cup mashed potato to large bowl. Place bread in medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, and vinegar. Let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Blend bread, parsley, onion, garlic, and capers in processor to smooth paste.
- Mix into mashed potato in large bowl. Mix in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover; chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with baguette slices. Serves 6 to 8