Carrots, parsnips, green onions and dill make all the difference in these colorful pancakes. Mix some chopped dill and green onions into sour cream to pass alongside.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 pancakesServings
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces carrots (about 2 large), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces parsnips (about 2 large), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 10 tablespoons oil (approximate)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Place baking sheet in oven.
2. Using food processor fitted with medium grating disk, shred potatoes, carrots and parsnips.
3. Place towel on work surface. Spread vegetables over.
Roll up towel; squeeze tightly to absorb moisture from vegetables.
4. Blend flour, dill, onions, salt and pepper in large bowl.
Add vegetables; toss to coat. Mix in eggs.
5. Heat 6 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat.
6. Working in batches, drop 2 heaping tablespoons batter per pancake into hot oil. Using spoon, spread to 4-inch rounds.
7. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to sheet in oven.
8. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet by tablespoonfuls as necessary. Serve hot.