The salad combines crisp, fresh tasting vegetables that go well with the balsamic vinaigrette. Everyone will ask you for the recipe, guaranteed.
This salad is also delicious with feta cheese and oregano if served with a dairy meal or grilled chicken for a meat meal.
- Prep Time
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3-4 cloves of garlic or frozen garlic cubes
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
1 ½ bags of baby spinach
1 avocado, cubed
1 red onion, sliced thin
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
½ cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
Additional options: Thinly sliced Persian cucumbers, carrots, peppers, and/or radish
1. In a small jar combine, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, evoo, honey, black pepper, mayo, and salt. Shake well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Pour dressing over vegetables and top with slivered almonds.