Bulgur is a cracked wheat that makes the perfect whole grain hot cereal. A nice change from oatmeal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 u00bd cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 1/2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups bulgur
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 Chop the apple into small chunks and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons apple juice to prevent browning.
2 Place 1 ½ cups apple juice into a heavy bottomed sauce pan and add the vanilla extract, spice, salt and orange peel.
3 Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in the bulgur, then cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
4 Simmer the bulgur for approximately 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
5 Mix in apple chunks, dried cranberries and peanuts.